Weather 5-14-18

1533

Following a beautiful Mother’s Day weather-wise yesterday where we reached a high temperature of 86 degrees, high pressure remains in control today through Wednesday with dry conditions, light wind and highs in the upper 80’s. Our normal high for this time of year is 71 degrees.

By Wednesday night, we will see the beginning of a weather pattern change with less influence from the high -pressure ridge as a closed low-pressure system over the Southwest U.S. will migrate inland and north, injecting moisture into the region with increasing instability. On Thursday, the weather system slowly moves through as instability continues and with a deep moisture pool to work with any showers and especially thunderstorms will have the potential to produce heavy rain. Showers will be slow moving. That combined with potentially heavy and persistent showers raises concerns the extra rain will exacerbate problems in already flood stressed areas in Central and Northeast Washington.

We have a 30% chance of rain on Thursday, a 40% chance on Thursday night and a 30% chance of showers on Friday and Friday night. By the weekend, it’s back to dry weather with high temperatures near 80 on Saturday and Sunday.