Weather 12-6-18

142

A cold area high pressure will continue to dominate our weather pattern today and Friday. Under mostly sunny skies and light winds our high temperatures today will struggle to reach the freezing mark at 32 degrees. Expect cold temps tonight as well with lows around 20. The same is expected for Friday with mostly sunny skies and highs around 30 degrees.

By Friday night and Saturday, Satellite imagery shows an upper level low in the Gulf of Alaska moving towards our region bringing a slight chance for snow showers on Friday night and Saturday. With the cold Canadian air moving slightly east, highs on Saturday will warm into the mid and upper 30’s.

Saturday night through Thursday, a series of winter storms will impact the Northwestern United States as our current ridge of high pressure weakens and a strong, low amplitude jet materializes across the Eastern Pacific.

The first wave of moisture will arrive Sunday and linger into Monday with a 50% chance of snow on Sunday, a 60% chance for snow Sunday night and a 40% chance on Monday.

A second and wetter system arrives Tuesday night and departs Wednesday afternoon with a 70% chance of a rain/snow mix Tuesday night and a 50% chance of precipitation on Wednesday. Afternoon high temperatures next week will warm into the upper 30’s to near 40 degrees.