Weather 11-23-18

614

Weather satellite indicates a cold upper level low approaching the region from the northwest this morning behind the storm system that moved through Northcentral Washington yesterday. This morning the region will be in a short break period under a westerly flow aloft. This break period will end later this morning as the actual upper low near the Queen Charlottes early this morning migrates over the forecast area by this afternoon. The approach of this upper low will bring a wave of energy aloft and bring a relatively weak and steady state surface low pressure into the area, which will once again enhance ambient moisture into widespread precipitation this afternoon. We will see a 60% chance of mainly rain showers throughout the day dropping to a 20% chance of isolated showers tonight, highs today near 40.

The whole system will migrate through the forecast area and move off into central Idaho later tonight, promoting a drying trend over Northcentral Washington by the weekend. Under sunny skies Saturday, high temperatures will climb into the mid 40’s. Cooler on Sunday as the next storm system begins to edge into our area. Under mostly cloudy skies, high temperatures on Sunday will be in the mid to upper 30’s. The nature and evolution of this incoming storm continues to justify the current suite of winter weather highlights.

By Sunday night, the storm from the Gulf of Alaska moves in bringing a 30% chance of snow mainly overnight. Widespread precipitation is expected on Monday and Tuesday with a 70% chance of rain on Monday, Monday night and Tuesday with high temperatures in the low 40’s. Wednesday through Friday, the weather pattern remains active over the Eastern Pacific and Western U.S. with a 30% chance of rain/snow each day.