Weather 1-22-20

292

The upper level weather system that brought rain and snow to the region on Tuesday has exited the area while a warmer and wetter system is approaching off the Pacific Coast. Most of Northcentral Washington will see a break this morning between storm systems. Patchy freezing fog will also continue through at least mid-morning around Wenatchee and Ephrata. For late this afternoon into Thursday a moist southwest flow develops resulting in widespread precipitation first over Central Washington this afternoon spreading into Eastern Washington and north Idaho by early this evening. Wenatchee Valley forecast today calling for cloudy skies with an 80% chance of mainly rain this afternoon with high temperatures in the mid to upper 30’s. There is also a 60% chance of rain mixed with snow tonight with overnight lows in the mid 30’s.

On Thursday, our wet, warm weather continues with cloudy skies, a 60% chance of rain with afternoon high temperatures in the lower 40’s. Temperatures remain mild for late January with elevated mountain snow levels for Thursday night into Friday as an atmospheric river of moisture spreads precipitation across the region.

Under cloudy skies, expect an 80% chance of a rain/snow mix Thursday night and a 40% chance of rain on Friday with high temperatures in the mid 40’s. The latest rounds of mild temperatures with rain and high mountain snow will lead to some snowmelt, although current snowpack looks to be able to absorb the bulk of it. Area rivers should see rises by this weekend, but the threat of flooding remains low.

The active and progressive weather pattern continues for the Inland Northwest through the weekend. The upper level flow will become more westerly with a strong jet stream guiding a series of Pacific disturbances into the region. The Wenatchee Valley will have a 60% chance of rain Saturday and a 40% chance of precipitation on Sunday with warm afternoon high temperatures in the lower to mid-40’s.

Slightly cooler on Monday and Tuesday with a slight chance for afternoon showers, expect highs near 40 degrees. The 8-14-day outlook continues to show better chances of above normal temperatures and precipitations continuing for the rest of the month and even into early February.