Son Shoots Mother, Then Himself

Okanogan County Sheriffs and Brewster Police respond to apparent shooting and suicide Sunday morning in Brewster.

handgun with bullets
handgun with bullets on the wooden surface, closeup with vignette, useful for various security,protection or criminal topics

Okanogan Sheriffs and Brewster Police Respond

BREWSTER, WA – Tragedy apparently struck two-fold to a family in Brewster Sunday morning as a 19-year old son allegedly shot his mother, then turned the gun on himself.  According to Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers, Sheriff’s Deputies and Brewster Police responded to a call at 502 North Star Road in Brewster at 10 o’clock Sunday morning, with a report of a 19-year old with a gun.  As deputies responded, a second call came in to dispatch reporting that a female had been shot.

Brewster Shooting

When officers arrived at the scene, they learned that the female victim had left the residence and the suspect was still inside.  As they made entry, they discovered the suspect with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

19 Year Old Son was “Acting Strangely” Before Shooting

Sheriff Rogers said “it appears that 19-year old Mike Aguirre-Bodadilla had been at his residence with his mother, 41-year old Erestina Aguirre-Bobadilla of Brewster and his 10-year old sister.  Mike Aguirre-Bobadilla was acting strangely and then went and got a gun from inside the residence.”  Rogers said their investigation found that Aguirre-Bobadilla then allegedly shot his mother, striking her in the mouth area.  The mother was able to get her 10-year old daughter and run from the residence to a neighbor’s house to get help.

Shooter Dies of Gunshot Wound, Mother’s Fate Uncertain

According to Sheriff Rogers, “Mike Aguirre-Bobadilla never came out of the residence and when deputies entered, they found him with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.  Mike Aguierre-Bobadilla was transported to Three Rivers Hospital where he died from his wounds.”

Ernesta Aguirre-Bobadilla was also transported to the hospital and then airlifted to Sacred Heart in Spokane.  Her condition is not known at this time.  The 10 year old daughter witnessed the shooting but was not physically injured in the incident.

The case is still under investigation.