SEATTLE – According to a brief note posted to their website, The Old Spaghetti Factory in Seattle will serve its last meals on Dec. 23.
Opened in 1970, The Old Spaghetti Factory has more than 40 restaurants, including sites in Spokane, Tukwila, Lynnwood and Tacoma. There was also an Old Spaghetti Factory in Wenatchee where the Rail Station & Ale House is currently located.
Developer Nitze-Stagen and Meriwether Partners bought the two-story warehouse and an adjacent parking lot on Elliott Avenue for $9 million in July 2015 from the Dussin family, owners and operators of the restaurant chain.
The new owners have yet to release any information on future plans for the site.
The warehouse was originally built by the Ainsworth & Dunn salmon-packing company in 1902, and also served as a department store and waterproof-glue manufacturing plant.