Weather 10-25-21

110

A potent low-pressure weather system continues to spin off Vancouver Island this morning and will eject across southern British Columbia over the next 24 hours.

Northcentral Washington weather today will be mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of afternoon showers, highs in the mid 50’s.

A second low will track across the Eastern Pacific on Tuesday and will remain parked in the Gulf of Alaska but the strong westerly jet on its southern periphery will nose into Washington ushering in a mid-level warm front and one more band of precipitation. Forecast tomorrow will be cloudy with an 80% chance of rain, high temperatures in the mid-50’s.

The polar jet stream will nose into Washington state Tuesday night then migrate northward on Wednesday brining the potential for strong winds through the day on Wednesday. Weather for Wednesday will be partly cloudy and windy, 10-20 mph and gusty, with afternoon highs in the mid 50’s.

For Thursday and Friday, unsettled and occasionally breezy weather conditions will continue throughout the Inland Northwest. Both days expect mostly cloudy skies with a 60% chance of rain Thursday and a 40% chance Friday with highs in the mid-50’s.

Expect a drier and cooler weather scenario for Saturday and Sunday with mostly sunny skies each day and afternoon high temperatures in the lower 50’s.