Weather 1-27-20

297

Mostly cloudy skies in our Monday weather forecast with an 80% chance of rain developing after 4:00 p.m. as the next storm system approaches from the west coast late this afternoon. Rain or snow will begin by the evening commute, and continue through the evening and overnight. High temperatures in the Wenatchee Valley today in the lower 40’s. The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for the Cascades above 3000 feet and the higher elevations around Wenatchee/Chelan and the Waterville Plateau for 4:00 p.m. this afternoon to 5:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. Anywhere from 2-6 inches of snow is possible in some locations. Fairly heavy amounts of rain are possible in the Wenatchee area with .25-.50” possible overnight tonight. We will also likely see rises on small streams and creeks in response to the rain. As the weather system pulls away tomorrow, expect a 40% chance of rain in the morning with mostly cloudy skies by afternoon with high temperatures in the lower to mid-40’s. The next weather system will approach the Cascades on Wednesday bringing snow to the high elevations and rain in the valleys. Most of Northcentral Washington will see a 60% chance of rain with afternoon high temperatures in the lower to mid-40’s. As we get into our extended weather forecast Thursday through Sunday, we will continue to see warm and wet conditions with a 30-40% chance of rain each day with temperatures warming up into the upper 40’s to and lower 50’s.