Monitor Fire Caused by Broken Car Exhaust Pipe

3797
Monitor

Chelan County Emergency Management says the cause of Wednesday’s fire near Monitor was a broken vehicle exhaust pipe.

Officials found the pipe along the side of Highway 2 near where the fire started. Officials had earlier announced the cause to be an unsecured safety chain on a trailer being dragged on the pavement.

The wind-fueled fire blackened over a thousand acres of brush and grass. The fire was declared fully contained last night but no structure damage or injuries were reported.