LEAVENWORTH — A huge barn-garage just outside Leavenworth burned to the ground overnight in a fire believed to be accidental.
No one was injured in the blaze at the intersection of at Ski Hill Drive and Ranger Road. The large barn has stood since 1993, and was a rural Leavenworth landmark for its classic design elements.
The fire broke out about 11:40 p.m. Wednesday, and burned into Thursday morning. It consumed the 2,300-square-foot structure down to its foundation, and Chelan County Fire Marshal Bob Plumb calls it a total loss.
“It was still pretty hot last night,” said Plumb, who was still investigating Thursday. “… I’m pretty sure this is going to be an accidental fire.”