Weather 11-18-19

311

It looks like a pretty typical November weather-day for the Inland Northwest. Low clouds and fog are still lingering over portions of the Columbia Basin, Wenatchee Valley, and Waterville Plateau. We should see visibilities improve in most areas by mid to late morning as our next low pressure system moves inland today. Pre- frontal winds should provide a bit of mixing. With a relatively mild air mass, our morning inversion should break more easily than it would in a colder environment.

Our next weather system will move into Northcentral in two pieces. The first shortwave looks like it will bring the chance for showers into Central Washington late in the afternoon today with a 30% chance of rain, highs in the upper 40/s. Then, the main upper trough will likely cross the Cascades overnight bringing our best shot of widespread precipitation late tonight into Tuesday morning. The Wenatchee Valley has a 70% chance of rain overnight tonight with lows in the upper 30’s.

For Tuesday, a compact surface low will have the potential to produce a swath of moderate precipitation Tuesday morning into the afternoon. Cloudy skies for our Tuesday with a 20% chance of rain in the morning, highs near 50 degrees. As the storm exits the region, breezy north winds will increase down the Okanogan Valley with gusts to 30 mph a good bet late Tuesday afternoon and Tuesday night.

The arrival of north winds will usher in drier and cooler air.  Then Wednesday right through the upcoming weekend, the upper level ridge of high pressure begins to nose into the Pacific Northwest. We will continue to see breezy northerly winds funnel down the Okanogan Valley through the morning and then they will decrease through the afternoon.

Sunny skies through the weather period with afternoon highs in the mid to upper 40’s and overnight lows in the upper 20’s.