Here are some numbers you should and shouldn’t call with COVID-19 concerns


What should you do if you think you have coronavirus?

Do not immediately go to the hospital or your doctor’s office. And certainly do not call 911, unless it’s an immediate health emergency.

The symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough and shortness of breath, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

But there are conditions under which you should seek immediate help.

The CDC says those are:

Trouble breathing.

Persistent pain or pressure in the chest.

New confusion or inability to arouse.

Bluish lips or face.

Short of those emergency conditions, if you have symptoms and/or are certain you were exposed, you should:

Chelan and Douglas counties

Call the Confluence Health nurse triage hotline at 509-663-8711.

Grant County

Call the Samaritan nurse hotline at 509-764-3331.

Okanogan County

Call your health care provider before going to their office or the hospital. Or, call the state hotline at 1-800-525-0127.

What if I want to report someone for violating the governor’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” orders?

OK, apparently there are a lot of people doing this. What you should NOT DO is call 911. If you do that you’re tying up emergency lines.

Several sheriff’s offices in North Central Washington have had to remind people NOT TO CALL 911, and in the case of Chelan County, not its main office line, which they say has been inundated with calls.

All suggested a non-emergency line you can call.

But in doing so, those offices say they are not deputizing social-distancing officers, just giving folks an alternative number to call.

Chelan County Sheriff’s Office: 509-667-6985.

Grant County Sheriff’s Office: 509-762-1160.

Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office: 509-422-7232.