Firefighters in Chelan respond to smoking toaster

660

An old toaster may have ruined the toast, but luckily it didn’t ruin a home in Chelan on Friday.

Chelan Fire and Rescue received a call at 6:43 a.m. from a homeowner who reported that smoke was filling their home and everyone had evacuated.

When firefighters arrived, they found a malfunctioning older-model toaster had caused the problem.

Firefighters reported that they quickly removed the toaster from the home, in the 100 block of Robinson St., cleared the smoke and turned the home back over to the residents.

Firefighters also discovered there were outdated and non-working smoke detectors in the house. They replaced all those that were not working.