Fire in Wenatchee destroys chicken coop, shed and tree

2237

A fire believed to have been started by a heat lamp burned a chicken coop, a shed and a tree Monday night in the 1000 block of Harvard Avenue in Wenatchee.

Kay McKellar of Chelan County Fire District 1 said the call came in at 8:25 p.m. and by the time firefighters arrived the fire had spread from the chicken coop to the shed and tree.

The scene was cleared at 9:21 p.m. with no homes damaged.

McKellar said a small number of chickens did not survive the fire.