Fire at Waste Management facility causes temporarily closure

589

A hydraulic pump was the cause of a fire yesterday afternoon at the Wenatchee Waste Management facility.

Chelan County Fire District 1 Chief Brian Brett says the fire damage came from an interior corner of the building which did sustain heat damage in addition to smoke damage.

The fire caused the Wenatchee Transfer Station to close temporarily but there are alternative disposal sites.

  • WM Greater Wenatchee Regional Landfill
  • Dryden Transfer Station
  • The Stemilt Recycle Center will be open for yard debris

Waste Management will post updates on its company website when the facility opens.