Family displaced after early morning fire in East Wenatchee

2503

A discarded cigarette likely caused a house fire early Friday morning in East Wenatchee.

Douglas County Fire District 2 crews responded about 1 a.m. to the blaze at a home on North Kent Terrace.

Flames were shooting out the front door of the single-story structure when crews arrived, said district spokeswoman Kay McKeller.

The three occupants of the home had already safely escaped without injury.

The occupants of the home were displaced but are receiving help from other family members in the area with temporary shelter, McKeller said.

SHARE
Previous articleWeather 9-27-19
Next articleWenatchee police captain gets stuck in German elevator
Steve Hair
Steve Hair is a 40-year veteran broadcast journalist who comes to NCW LIFE TV after a long career in radio. Steve and his wife Lynette and their three sons moved to the Wenatchee Valley from Central California in 1992. Steve served as News Director for KPQ News where he covered a multitude of stories of importance to North Central Washington, including two of Washington State’s largest wildfires. During his radio career Steve has received many awards from organizations such as the Associated Press, (Sacramento and Seattle Bureaus) The Washington State Farm Bureau, and the California Medical Association. Steve is a sports addict. Time off usually finds him sprawled out on the couch watching the Seahawks, Mariners or anything that prevents him from doing house chores.