Weather 11-4-20

288

Another day of mild weather and above normal temperatures will take place across the region today as notable mild air advection draws in a relatively warmer airmass. Weather across Northcentral Washington today will be mostly sunny this morning with increasing clouds by afternoon, light wind with afternoon high temperatures well above normal into the lower to mid-60’s.

During the overnight, a slow-moving trough will begin to push into our area bringing a 40% chance of rain early in the morning increasing to a 60% chance during the day tomorrow with highs in the upper 50’s. This weather system could bring more moisture and precipitation to our area than a typical system would this time of year. Little has changed with the latest weather-model guidance concerning the set up for Thursday with regards to the winds. Gusty southwest winds will slide through Cascades and into the Columbia Basin Thursday. Many locations in the Basin that are usually deprived of wetting rains have a decent chance to see some blowing dust early Thursday with winds 25 to 35 mph and peak gusts around 40 mph.

The moist cold front and associated trough of low pressure will move through the Wenatchee Valley and Columbia Basin on Friday with a 30% chance of morning showers with clearing skies by afternoon with high temperatures, seasonal, in the lower 50’s.

Temperatures will drop fairly dramatically this weekend compared to the beginning of the week. Expect mostly sunny skies both Saturday and Sunday with afternoon high temperatures in the mid to upper 40’s.

A ridge of high pressure moves into the area Monday morning allowing for drier weather but, expect increasing cloudiness throughout the day with a 30% of rain mixed with snow showers by evening with afternoon highs in the mid 40’s.

Tuesday will also be mostly cloudy with a 30% of a rain/snow mix with highs in the mid 40’s.