Homeless Man Dies From Burns in South Wenatchee Fire

153
Homeless

A Homeless man has died from burns he suffered in a November 7th fire in an alley off South Wenatchee Avenue.

Wenatchee Police say 56-year-old Michael Alejandro Ruiz was pronounced dead Friday at Harborview Hospital in Seattle where he was being treated for burns to his hands and face.

Police say Ruiz had been camping in the alley in a shelter made of old couches and mattresses when it caught fire. Ruiz fled the scene before firefighters arrived but he was found later in the evening about three blocks away by a service station employee.

 

SHARE
Previous articleCascade Downs Overlake 2-0 in Soccer Playoffs
Next articleWeather 11-14-17
Steve Hair
Steve Hair is a 40-year veteran broadcast journalist who comes to NCW LIFE TV after a long career in radio. Steve and his wife Lynette and their three sons moved to the Wenatchee Valley from Central California in 1992. Steve served as News Director for KPQ News where he covered a multitude of stories of importance to North Central Washington, including two of Washington State’s largest wildfires. During his radio career Steve has received many awards from organizations such as the Associated Press, (Sacramento and Seattle Bureaus) The Washington State Farm Bureau, and the California Medical Association. Steve is a sports addict. Time off usually finds him sprawled out on the couch watching the Seahawks, Mariners or anything that prevents him from doing house chores.