Blaze Guts Go Bent Bike Store in Wenatchee

6159
Go Bent Fire
Blaze guts Go Bent Bike store

Jim Baxter stood outside his burned-out bike shop in stunned shock. The sixteen-year-old business he started after retiring from Alcoa was gutted last night by the fast-moving blaze. His entire inventory of recumbent Bicycles and other hobby merchandise was destroyed. Baxter says he nearly had the fire out with his personal extinguisher until it emptied and and then flared up again before he called 911.

Firefighters from Chelan County Fire District One with help from Douglas County District Two put the fire out and investigators had cordoned off the building until their investigation is complete. NCWLIFE’s Steve Hair reports . . .

SHARE
Previous articleKite Festival to fill the skies of Entiat
Next articleFastpitch Softball Signups Underway
Steve Hair
Steve Hair is a 40-year veteran broadcast journalist who comes to NCW LIFE TV after a long career in radio. Steve and his wife Lynette and their three sons moved to the Wenatchee Valley from Central California in 1992. Steve served as News Director for KPQ News where he covered a multitude of stories of importance to North Central Washington, including two of Washington State’s largest wildfires. During his radio career Steve has received many awards from organizations such as the Associated Press, (Sacramento and Seattle Bureaus) The Washington State Farm Bureau, and the California Medical Association. Steve is a sports addict. Time off usually finds him sprawled out on the couch watching the Seahawks, Mariners or anything that prevents him from doing house chores.