Jim Baxter stood outside his burned-out bike shop in stunned shock. The sixteen-year-old business he started after retiring from Alcoa was gutted last night by the fast-moving blaze. His entire inventory of recumbent Bicycles and other hobby merchandise was destroyed. Baxter says he nearly had the fire out with his personal extinguisher until it emptied and and then flared up again before he called 911.
Firefighters from Chelan County Fire District One with help from Douglas County District Two put the fire out and investigators had cordoned off the building until their investigation is complete. NCWLIFE’s Steve Hair reports . . .